I recently had the rare fortune of riding five days in a row.
- Day 1 (Thur) was at Powhite Park with KR followed by grub and brews at Boka Grill and Growler.
- Day 2 (Fri) was also at Powhite Park, but with a different crew: DP, KP, & MS. We followed that ride up with brown ales and Mexican food at Neuvo Mexico.
- Day 3 (Sat) was a fun romp around the Lakeview Trails at Pocahontas State Park with MS.
- Day 4 (Sun) was an awesome ride with mi familia exploring the multi-use trails at the Petersburg National Battlefield.
- Day 5 (Mon) was a post-work solo ride at Pocahontas where I hit up the entire Morgan Trail System.
Monday was a beautiful start to an otherwise crappy looking week weather-wise, so I was pretty certain my run was going to come to an end. I was surprised how quiet it was at the park.
Toward the end of the ride, I pulled off the side of the trail and took a seat up against a tree. It was so peaceful. I could have sat there much longer than I did. With the sun dropping out of the sky, I begrudgingly moved on, but there was no hurry to get back to the truck.
As expected, it has been raining off and on today. My son suggested I go for a ride around the block to keep my streak alive. I may just do that.